How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Olsen Your Own Question
Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2336
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Olsen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have changed employers, and now have no health insurance.

Customer Question

I have changed employers, and now have no health insurance. I used to have a prescription for xanax (generic), but it has expired.  Can you issue me a new prescription and for my asthma?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for writing in JA.
If you have no health insurance and need medication treatment for a low fee, you may call The United Way toll free # 211 (Dial 2-1-1)to find the community mental health centers in your area in which you can get medication even without health insurance.
Or, go to a state hospital that may offer low cost treatment to residents in your state.
I hope you get well.
Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a question?
If satisfied with my answer, please click the accept button for my work.
Thank you!