How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Olsen Your Own Question
Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2336
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Olsen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the best treatment for panic disorder aside from just

This answer was rated:

What is the best treatment for panic disorder aside from just medication.
Hi there,
Thank you for writing in JA.
I would advise you to work with a psychologist specialzing in Cognitive-behvaior therapy (CBT) and/or Panic Control therapy (PCT) for your condition.
Behavior therapy such as In vivo exposure with response prevention is considered to be the most effective treatment for panic disorder.
Also, cognitive therapy and breathing retraining are used.

Panic Control therapy (PCT) are brief treatments targeting panic symptoms and are used following behavior therapy.

You may find a licensed psychologist or psychotherapist who SPECIALIZES IN Panic disorder, anxiety, and CBT in a community clinic, a local hospital or a private office setting.

Or contact your insurance company and get a list of providers with the specialty.

Or, you can search a licensed psychologist/psychotherapist on internet- such as the PSYCHOLOGY TODAY website. Go to ( and enter your zip code and optional category of specialty such as anxiety or panic disorder. Read psychotherapists’ profile to see if he or she specializes in Cognitive-behavior therapy and Panic disorder.

Another way to find a specialist, contact ANXIETY DISORDERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA( and go to the link - (

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,

Dr. Olsen and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions