mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

I have a 24 year old college educated daughter. A month ago

I have a 24 year old college educated daughter. A month ago she abruptly quit her job. She simply lies about anything and everything to anyone and everyone. When caught in a lie she become defensive and angry toward the person who caught her. SHe has lost a lot of weight the past couple months. Her friends do not believe she is using drugs. What type os doctor does she need to see.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've kindly provided it sounds as though your daughter is going through some sort of emotional crisis. I conclude this as a result of quitting her job, lying, and her becoming defensive and easily angered.

Also the fact that she has lost considerable weight within the last couple of months leads me to conclude that she may very well be suffering from depression.

The reason I suggest this is that each item you've noted above is characteristic of a depression diagnosis.

I would suggest that you consider taking her to see a clinical psychologist for further evaluation and to decipher further her diagnosis as well as to develop an appropriate treatment plan for her which may or may not include medication therapy in addition to talk therapy.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you in helping your daughter.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you. I want to be certain that I have answered your question completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.