How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister was murdered by her husband who then shot and

Customer Question

My sister was murdered by her husband who then shot and killed himself. What would be the best prof. care for their two, very intel. children; a boy,13, and a girl, 7? I have no email
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.

The family needs to bond together to address the needs of these children. There are services and funds available for this type of thing. In the meantime, the children need to be in therapy to deal with this huge loss. There are child therapists in any state that can address family issues and especially grief. They need to be able to grieve their father and mostly their mother. The adjustment can be permanently altered if this is not addressed. If money is an issue then find professionals who do not charge such as clergy. Consult a lawyer about how to manage with the children's expenses. The children are at key ages to be in need of parents. Find a family therapist that is trained in grief.

If this has been helpful press accept

Related Mental Health Questions