How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr John B Your Own Question
Dr John B
Dr John B, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 557
Experience:  PhD in Clinical Psychology, registered clinical psychologist.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr John B is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have low self confidence and it has taken it's toll on my

Resolved Question:

I have low self confidence and it has taken it's toll on my marriage. I am seeking help and my wife doesn't believe that I will change. How do I convince her?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr John B replied 6 years ago.


Sorry to hear of the situation. Just to clarify, is your wife doubtful of the possibility that you can improve your self esteem (and as a result improve your marriage)?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 6 years ago.


Psychologists often work with people to improve low self esteem and I would suggest you show her this self help program here - .

I use this program with clients regularly and it contains detailed information on what exactly low self-esteem is, how it develops, how it is maintained and how it can be improved/changed. The information in the early modules is quiet detailed and if you were to take her through it she would see the theory/mechanics behind how we are able to make changes to low self-esteem. You could also refer her to the literally hundreds of treatment books written on the topic, all of which clearly stated that low self-esteem can be dramatically improved.

I hope this is of some help. Let me know if you have further questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have posted.

Dr John B and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions