How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 26 yr. old son who is married with 2 little girls.

Customer Question

I have a 26 yr. old son who is married with 2 little girls. He had osteosarcoma 8 yrs ago and is cancer free. Just in the last month he has got really different. He has developed ocd and fear of spiders and constant worrying. He has been heavy into church. Has been unable to sleep. Put him on ativan at night and Zoloft 50 mg. Not been able to keep job for several months. Lost his home and has had to move to doublewide in an isolated location. He does not want to go home. How do I help him
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Help him access professional care so that he does not have to handle this alone. There are a multitude of interventions that help people who are indigent. Medication is not enough to handle all of these stressors. This is a very stressful time and he needs both support and professional help. It is up to you to decide how much help you want to be i.e. not going home. In helping him you may want to let him know that he can be proactive which will give him his sense of independence back. Instead of looking at medication, he needs to find ways to express his depression to someone who can move him forward. The sooner you do this the sooner he finds a way to survive. Try to help him have support in the community
psychlady and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you