How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5808
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 23 and think i have bipolar, no one listen and im scared,

Resolved Question:

i am 23 and think i have bipolar, no one listen and im scared, at the minit im on a high my mind wont stop i cant sleep im figity the thoughts in my head are uncontrollable i went for a 3 hour walk at the 3 oclock in the morning nothing helps i think i need medication but i have no help here, i have been up 2 days and nights and i feel im bouncing off the walls

is there any way i can come down is there anything i can do to stop this horrible feeling i feel im going crazzy.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.


It sounds like you need a full evaluation by a therapist or a psychiatrist. Is there a clinic near where you live? If so, go there in person and ask for an evaluation. They should be able to help you. If not, you can report to a local ER and ask for help.


If you can wait for a bit, you may want to consider switching your GP to another one. Not feeling listened to is one thing you should not tolerate when it comes to getting medical help.


Can you tell me what makes you feel you have Bipolar disorder as opposed to an anxiety disorder? What are your symptoms?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my mood swings are very dramatic, when i feel i am on a high i dont sleep for days, my mind doesnt seem my own, i speak very fast, i am very figity can not sit still, i do things i wouldnt normally do i tend to spend alot of money and have alot of alchol and sex when i am hyper and when i come down i realise the mistake i have made but dont seem to see the consequences at the time its like nothing can happen to me im invisinsable, i tend to talk about things that dont make sence, i have hallucinated and heard voices in this frame of mind. i am very annoying around people when like this they cant deal with me, i seem to have minimum controll i once walked the streets in my nightie because i was hot not thinking this was bad or unusual the police found me, my family and friends have noticed all these symptoms, there is no clinic near me. i was diagnosed with bpd which i felt didnt fit my symptoms and i was diagnosed after hlf an hour with a social worker and no one will even try and see if there is anything else going on. my 2 friends have bipolar they were diagnosed with bpd before hand and have the same symptoms as me but see a sychiatrist once a month and are on medication i have never been given that option and i have no support even though my g.p has tried to refer me. these mood swings have happened since i was young, my lows can lasr for weeks lethargic, no energy, moody, i shut myself off, i feel like im losing my mind at them times and i have tried suicide many times when that bad, i isolate myself i get paranoid iv nailed my windows and doors shut at times. and the same with hallucinations and hearing voices and thinking i can do things and they wont hurt me even though they do feeling invincable
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

It certainly sounds like it could be Bipolar. You do have some of the classic symptoms. If you are diagnosed with Bipolar, you will need to take a mood stabilizer. Therapy would also be helpful to provide support and keep track of your symptoms. You can find a therapist by searching on line at or


Here is an excellent guide to help you understand Bipolar and understand the treatment-


I am curious why you cannot see the same doctor your friends are seeing. Is it a matter of funds or something else? What happened when your GP referred you to see a psychiatrist? Where you able to follow through and if not, what happened?


How about trying your local ER? It may be an option if nothing else will work.





Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i can not becasue the communtiy mental health team have closed me over a year ago and they will not reopen my case and thats the only way to get access, when i was refered they said they think there is nothing else they can do please refer me to phsycological services and then she got the same reply we dont think there is anything e can do in this curcumstance. and the people at my local e.r are the same as the ones who i have tied to get refered to many people in my area have the same probelms as me in getting access to serices that should be available
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

That is a problem. My understanding is that mental health services, if they are funded by the government, are not permitted to refuse you treatment.


You may want to try a new doctor. Also, you could try searching for a therapist with the links I provided you. Getting a therapist to work with you will help you link to a psychiatrist who can give you the medication you need.


If all else fails, try appealing to this agency: They may be able to help you find a way to get the treatment you need.


I hope this has helped,



TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you