David Akiva
David Akiva, BA, MA,
Experience:  Counselor; Behavioral Consultant
57833540

Duddy, (Please let Duddy only answer this). How did you know

Hi Duddy, (Please let Duddy only answer this). How did you know I was depressed?
Duddy :

Hello. Please clarify?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

You mentioned that in your last missive, so how did you know?

Duddy :

I'm not sure what a missive is.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Duddy :

Hi again. As far as online or any other counseling goes, I'd contact your previous therapist or your physician for suggestions given your depression.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

The above is what you wrote in last dialogue. How did you know/why did you think I was depressed?

Duddy :

First, what is a missive? Secondly are you depressed? If so have you been to see your family doctor or the therapist you said you were seeing before (I mentioned them because they would have a much better knowledge of your situation from their psycho-therapeutic and or medical perspective perspective)? Also, didn't you mention the word depression in describing yourself and your situation in our last exchange?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Missive is something someone sends. Whether or not I am depressed is an interesting question, but I was asking you why you mentioned it, as I had not. As already stated, don't currently have the energy to go to counseling, so it's kind of moot. Just wondered why you had mentioned it, since I had not.

Duddy :

Thank you. I've never heard the term before. I was just looking over previous communications. I need to make sure you are the same customer from one of the posts I just reviewed. What topic did you present in your last question, if it's ok to confirm?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Oh, just family of origin stuff, attachment disorder, etc.

Duddy :

Did we ever chat about EFT?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Yes, you sent me a bunch of links.

Duddy :

Ok. Didn't you mention earlier in that second follow up question that you had a form of depression? I'll go check again.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

I don't think I did. The main point here from my perspective is that apparently something I was saying was making you think I was, I was just interested in your overall impression, and why you thought I was. Thanks.

Duddy :

"light form"...?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

450 mg Li per night is what I take; There are about 4 forms/degree of bp - mine was more bp depression at the time, with some racing speech and thoughts, not the classical mood swings.

Duddy :

If I'm reading from the right post there, there is statement related to" bi-polar".

Duddy :

Ok, well I think you did mention it in the last post. Sound's like you know your stuff here.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

bp is a diagnosis, not necessarily a current state. In any case, I didn't know if there was something about what I was sharing about my current processing brought up the word "depressed" to you, since I wasn't really feeling that way

Duddy :

When you used the term bipolar early in the previous post, I used the term depression, more generally in reference to it later in the post. This chat format is usually so time limited that I can't get a reliable clinical picture. When someone mentions bipolar in a way that I can't verify, I want to make sure to suggest that a customer gets to their family doctor or a licensed therapist to get an answer that can only come from a much more detailed exchange.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Oh, well I have all those resources available to me, and use them as needed. I'm not exactly new to this rodeo. (You obviously can't get the med I use without professional involvement.) But thanks for that clarification. I think there's a difference between chronic depression, and feeling sad about some things that one is processing, which to me is normal and natural, and does not necessarily need to be "medicated away".

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Otherwise known as grief.

Duddy :

I hear you.

Duddy :

Again, you sound like a very articulate and caring person.

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Thanks for seeing me Duddy.

Duddy :

Your welcome.

Duddy :

Is there anything else I can help you with today? That is, answer a question?

JACUSTOMER-gbzgkcdr- :

Well, I think I'll have to think about that! So accept for now!

Duddy :

Well have a good evening.