How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter who is 35 and engaged has told me she hates the

Resolved Question:

my daughter who is 35 and engaged has told me she hates the actual act of sex, and doesn't know why. I asked her if she could remember anyone touching her in that manner, she could not. But, I do remember when she was around 2 and she was holding herself down there and crying and screaming. She had been home alone with her father. I don't know if he did anything to her, I haven't told her this. What should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

Hi- Are you available to chat now?

Bill and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Since you are not able to chat at this time, I will answer and you can reply as needed.
There are many reasons why your daughter could have the feeling of "hating sex" and you should definitely encourage her to explore this further in two separate realms. First, with her OB/GYN to make sure that there is nothing physical that may be impacting this feeling. Second, she should seek counseling from someone skilled in womens health and sexual issues.
I am attaching a link related to womens sexual dysfunction so that you can inform and educate yourselves as to the number of issues that could be causing this (I would not rule out your concern childhood sex abuse).
Second, I am attaching a link to The AASECT (American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists) where you will find a directory of qualified providers by State and Zip Code.
I trust that this will help your daughter solve this question and wish you the best.