How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5837
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am suffering from Major Depressive Disorder and panic

Resolved Question:

I am suffering from Major Depressive Disorder and panic attacks since 2006. Since that time I lost my husband of 20 years, my job, most of my family members due to the uneducated views of my condition...another words their statement is "I brought all this on myself." My condidition became dormaint till mid 2009 when I began to have violent seizures, in 2010 one of them placed me on life support...I do not remember any of these events, and all of the EEG's have came back abnormal leading the medical doctors to diagnose me with a conversion pyschological disorder, brought on by my Major Depressive Disorder and traumatic events in my life...they just threw me at a psychistrist and left. I have been seeing this psychistrist over year and continue to be hospitalized or in spend extensive hours in ER's for these episodes. I am in dire need of help. I have lost my job that I loved very much, my son is out of control and I am in no condition at this point to take on his biploar fits and rage tendencies. My mother and father live under my roof after my mother had a major stroke in 2010, she needs to go to a full time nursing home or a round the clock nursing assistance center so that she can get the help she needs, but me to even utter these words would be sinful...currently my stubborn father is taking care of her and he is barely able to care for himself. This is placing a lot of stress on myself, son and my daughter who moved out of my house due to this about 6 mos ago. I am lost...feeling myself falling deeper and deeper into depression...just hoping that I do not have another seizure episode that would place me back in the hospital. I need help, I am loosing hope and find myself looking for the nearest and tallest building that I could jump off of just to take this pain away. Please any advice or direction on treatment centers that you can give send me would be most appreciated. I am living in a nightmare where I just want to wake up from.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

I need to clarify your question before I can provide you with the best answer possible.

Are you feeling that you need inpatient treatment? Or are you asking about facilities for outpatient treatment? What city do you live in?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I live in Forney, and I am seeking in patient treatment. I am currently at San Antonio hospital & treatment center, due to thoughts of harming myself.
They are enrolling me as an in patient.
Thank you for your support and response.
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

I am glad you have sought help. It is a good step forward.

The social workers at the hospital will probably refer you for follow up appointments with outpatient services but if I can help in any other way, please let me know.


TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you