How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5809
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband contributes very little to the household.Most of

Resolved Question:

My husband contributes very little to the household.Most of his salary is spent on others.He contributes as little as possible.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

Before I can help, I need to clarify a few things.

Who or what is your husband spending his money on?

Have you talked to him about this problem and if so, what does he say?

How would you like to see this resolved?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My husbands most of his income on his brothers and sisters.They are working but they are not married.

When I try to talk about this issue,he gets very angry,very quickly with a threat of violence and calls me stupid and other names.

I would like my husband to contribute more,without going down in the bank.


Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like you both need to see a counselor to help you sort out this problem. Do you feel your husband is willing to see a therapist with you? If so, you can talk with your doctor about finding one. Or you can meet with your pastor, if you attend church. You can also find a therapist on line at If he will not go with you, go yourself. You need the support right now to help you find a way to cope with the situation.

You can also separate your money in your marriage. Create your own accounts and agree to pay certain bills. Let your husband choose which he will pay and you choose which ones you will pay, making sure that it is equal in how much you both contribute. Have your husband's bills put in his name and you put your bills in your name. That way you both are equally responsible.


TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you