Arundhati
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
41101243

I am employed at my current company for approximately 8

I am employed at my current company for approximately 8 months. A team member who had trained me is asking to borrow $400 because she needs to put it down as a security deposit on another apt. Her current husband and her fight constantly and she needs to get out of this current apt.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for writing to Just Answer.

Given your current situation I do feel that it is unfair for your former team member to ask you for financial assistance at this point.

I'm sure there are other members she can seek help from such as her own family or close friends.

If you are comfortable with parting with that money and you are ok with the notion that it might take her a long time to return it then you could consider loaning it to her. My personal recommendation would be to decline her request and ask her to seek help from her family instead.

I hope that answered your question.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Kind Regards,

Arundhati