Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I belive I am having a relaose from an eatiing disorder. I

Customer Question
I belive I am having...
I belive I am having a relaose from an eatiing disorder. I dont make myself ssick but I take atleast 6 diet pills a day and cant function without them and i binge eat between them. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time or energy. I have 3 children and alot of family issues outside of our home. I think when I was pregnant with my last child i started alot of ocd type behaviors. After his birth I feel enourmous pressure to be perfect at everything. I am embarressed to tell anyone. I have taken these pills for 2 years and am now 112 pounds and am 5ft6. I dont realy want to be sick looking but i cant stop. what do I do next and is this an eating disorder or a control thing
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mental Health
5/1/2011
Mental Health Professional: psychlady, Therapist replied 6 years ago
psychlady
psychlady, Therapist

It absolutely is a control thing. You have not only relapsed but you are in a full blown eating disorder. The fact that you can use diet pills in between binge eating is very dangerous. You may have the need to be perfect but in reality you are killing yourself. Do this for yourself and your children. You can't parent them dead. Find a therapist near you immediately. Or a psychiatrist. You are not going to be perfect. Don't be embarrassed to get better. People have all sorts of problems too; they can't throw stones. Please find a professional today and work on a more sane life. Eating disorders are about insanity. If you have 3 children there is a strong person down there. Find her

If this was helpful press accept

psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
psychlady
psychlady
psychlady, Therapist