How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed -polar many years ago, 2 years ago when I

Resolved Question:

I was diagnosed bi-polar many years ago, 2 years ago when I started menopause I became very manic, I found an old boyfriend from H.S and left a relationship of 15 years and my 16 year old son, I even married the man in Las Vegas, even though I was still married, I feel trapped and scared and anxiety ridden, He is very smothering and I am not happy, I do not know what to do. I need help ... I do not have insurance and need meds I think to help me have the strenght to confront my life and all the misery I have put my family through.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.

You have caused some distress in the family that is true. But it seems that you really were experiencing some acute symptoms and you manifested those by being irresponsible. That can be addressed in therapy as well as your history of mania. I just had a few thoughts. Try researching practices in your area that have indigent or free slots for a certain number of patients. Also look for those with sliding fee scales. Find any therapists or practices that do work pro bono. We have a practice here called the Pro Bono Counseling project or something like that where we volunteer. You can also apply for Medical Assistance in your state. Here people are allowed to make over $22000 and still get Medical Assistance. I hope some of this helps.

When you are stable, decide what you want to do about the relationship. Don't stay out of guilt or it will never work.

If this was helpful press accept

psychlady and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you