Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Hi, are you still in chat Says you are off line. I was re

Hi, are you still in chat? Says you are off line. I was replying.

Dr.Keane :

still here but looks like you have three open questions

Customer:

not sure why I have 3 open questions

Dr.Keane :

okay, i'm back

Dr.Keane :

been searching

Dr.Keane :

lol

Customer:

okay

Customer:

lol

Customer:

you were saying something about an interesting perspective

Customer:

and procrastination before

Dr.Keane :

yes, most people procrastinate when things are either too menial (you said that) or at times seem overwhelming and they do not want to start the attempt. You are human (not perfect,,smile) and that perfection is part of who you are, you just can't let it "win"....and you've done a great job conquering those fears about not being perfect....right?

Dr.Keane :

be right back...don't go off this chat

Customer:

right...I know I am not perfect

Customer:

okay

Customer:

someone wouldn't tell me I had corrections to make in one of my short stories if I were perfect lol

Dr.Keane :

I also believe that you do a lot of "introspection" and as you go along apply what you have learned about yourself to each situation/chore/effort and that's really positive..

Customer:

I try to

Dr.Keane :

there are always corrections .....short stories , long stories...you could go over things for years and there is always something to improve upon.

Customer:

don't I know it

Dr.Keane :

that is why you need to recognize when you are "done" with one thing and accept it as such and move on to the next project (that's life a mass of projects)

Customer:

I know and I do try to most of the time

Dr.Keane :

and that's good, you aren't lamenting over anything in particular are you? or are you procrastinating right now yourself?

Customer:

and often I do move on, otherwise I think I wouldn't be able to think about what else needs to be done

Customer:

no, don't think I am procrastinating over anything at the moment.

Dr.Keane :

well that' s good

Customer:

nothing terribly interesting anyway. I was a few days ago but I think it will all work out fine. I need to approach my boss at work about some things. Email was best so I was told so may have to call him

Customer:

but I think it will all be fine. I need to call on him for a favour. But I am looking more positively about it

Dr.Keane :

that's great, you looking at things from a positive "I can do it" approach....good for you....

Dr.Keane :

let me know how it works out....

Customer:

I will

Customer:

might be in about a week's time. Is that okay?

Dr.Keane :

I do have to get offline now so if you want to post after I'm gone feel free. I'll get to it when I return and of course that is fine......whenever you get to it. I'm here most days on and off.

Dr.Keane :

stay positive....

Customer:

Okay. Thanks for your time

Dr.Keane :

you are welcome, talk to you soon....

Customer:

okay. Thanks