Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Keane, I’ve been taking note of what you said in your

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Keane,
I’ve been taking note of what you said in your previous posting. Yes I do indeed know I am too hard on myself. I know I should be kinder to myself. I don’t think I’m as hard on anyone else. If I ever am I certainly never mean to be. I know it’s all such a bad habit and all takes work, but I’ve always been prepared for that. The fact that you say I’m doing well helps. In answer to your question - to “wallow” in any low feelings is not ever going to accomplish anything. I realise people procrastinate. I do that when I do account work, but needs to be done. It isn’t exactly the greatest task. I certainly don’t think things to be done are too menial. I am aware that sometimes it is the smallest tasks that build up to complete a bigger task. That was just quite prominent, but are now completed in time for deadlines. I did a lot of thinking and came to the conclusion that for some important and very involved things it’s perhaps all linked to the low self-esteem. I am working on it and not wanting to give up of course. For some smaller things, well I know we all sometimes think about putting off until tomorrow. I am certainly also putting more into practice that I don’t need to take up every opportunity given to me.
Lol – I liked your feedback. Letting you know my first name was not a problem at all.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Dr.Keane :

Hi, interesting reflection on your part, you get it and yes, it is related to low self esteem. However take a look at where you are now versus where you were months ago, big change and a lot of work so far.

Dr.Keane :

Many people procratinate, I am right at this moment! should be grocery shopping!!!

JAGUEST-88353900- :

lol

JAGUEST-88353900- :

how true grocery shopping isn't exactly rivetting

JAGUEST-88353900- :

it appears you are offline?

Dr.Keane :

I'm here