Luann
Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.
50737979

I've been feeling disconnected from the world lately. I'm

Customer Question

I've been feeling disconnected from the world lately. I'm afraid to leave my house. I have not been able to drive cause I get panic attacks. I feel afraid of everything. I feel like I died And I don't exist and I want to cry and sleep and not wake up. I feel alone and nobody understands me or what I'm going thru. I went to a doctor And they put me on zoloft but I don't think it's working. I'm more afraid now than I ever have been. What do I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 6 years ago.
Luann :

Hello

Customer: Hi
Luann :

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so depressed. I don't know when you started the zoloft but it does take several weeks to build up to a therapeutic level. If it has been a few weeks, go back and see your doctor.

Luann :

I also encourage you to seek therapy. The best treatment for depression is therapy and medication. Medication alone may not be the most helpful. Therapy will help you best deal with your symptoms of depression.