Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
15682972

what is the diffrence betweet cbt cognitive therapy and behavior therapy I thought th

Customer Question

what is the diffrence betweet cbt
cognitive therapy and behavior therapy?

I thought that cbt was a combination of both congnitive therapy and behavior therapy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
CBT is a combination of both. Behavior therapy strictly looks at behavior modification (i.e. reward and punishment) vs. cognitive therapy which looks at how a person thinks and perceives the world and themselves.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are the techniques different in cbt, behavior therapy, and cognitive therapy? or is the relationship with the therapist different?

thank you for you time
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Techniques are different between cognitive therapy and behavior therapy and they are combined in CBT. Relationship should remain the same, an important component in establishing trust, in all three therapies.