How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When i work alot i dont sleep one day leads to weeks i come

Customer Question

when i work alot i dont sleep one day leads to weeks i come in to hospital to get help.
what is this condtion called
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. This condition is called Insomnia. Have you seen your doctor to get medication to help you sleep?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I work hard sometimes in say 2 or 3 years i work so hard i dont sleep 1 day leads to weeks then in to months. I then go to hospital for help to get my sleeping patten back.

i go a bit bonkers because i havent sleept. it only takes me about 2 weeks to get back to normal. i know i have to change my life style and make sure i get proper sleep every night but what is my condition.

Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Your condition is Insomnia, as I said. You are wanting to ask another question that you did not ask --- the question is: Why do I have Insomnia? So, I would ask you what happens at work that causes you to not sleep. It sounds like what leads to your insomnia is anxiety. Perhaps you can elaborate somewhat about what goes on with your work --- what makes you anxious?
Dr. Shirley Schaye and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
You need to ask your GP to give you a referral to a psychiatrist. Clonazepam, the generic term for Klonopin is an Anti-Anxiety drug and is also used to help people sleep. Ask your doctor about that. You don't need to suffer. There are things that can help.