How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5806
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

19 year old neice finished drug rehab and placed in halfway

This answer was rated:

19 year old neice finished drug rehab and placed in halfway home. Got into argument with staff and immediately was kicked out without reassignment. My sister, who is another aunt, cannot take her home because her husband doesn't trust the niece. I live in a state that her mother forbids her to move to. Niece has no place to go but back with people who got her in trouble with drugs in the first place, aka her mother. What to do?

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.


Is your niece willing to get help? Or is she resistant? If she is willing, she can contact the local community mental health/drug and alcohol treatment facility and they can give her a list of the facilities that will help her. They will also assist her in applying for funding if she does not have insurance.


You could also assist her if she is willing to let you. You can contact the mental health/drug and alcohol facility for information.


If your niece is resistant to treatment, then there is not much you can do. She is an adult so unless she is intending on killing herself or threatens to kill someone else, she cannot be forced into treatment.


If your niece is court ordered, she can contact the court for further assistance. You could also do so, but I'm not sure they would give you any information since most mental health and drug and alcohol treatment is confidential.


Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.


I hope this has helped you,



TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions