Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I need a recommendation for a treatment center for a dual

Customer Question
diagnosis of depression and binge...
i need a recommendation for a treatment center for a dual diagnosis of depression and binge eating. I have been under different Dr. care for ten years,and am getting progressively worse. I even went to the Amen Clinic in Virgina for a brain spec in 2007. I am at the point that I only leave the house for Dr. Visits.  Five years ago i was able to get control of my eating and exercise and actually became a working certified trainer. I have battle these conditions all my life with my weight going in 75 pound swings up and down. I have been married 33 years to a recovered alcoholic and believe their are also serious co-dependency issues. I've thought i was smart enough to handle this myself, but am ready for inpatient care- Please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mental Health
3/1/2011
Mental Health Professional: Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist replied 6 years ago
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

thank you for using Justanswer.com

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

I would recommend the Carolina House in North Carolina. They are a comprehensive treatment program for eating disorders and dual diagnosis. Here is a link to their program. http://www.carolinaeatingdisorders.com/

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

In addition, I am wondering if you have attended Al-anon meetings or families anonymous or perhaps CODA meetings (codependents anonymous meetings) To help with the codependency? Regardless, the treatment program above will address all of the issues you mentions.

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

I wish you all the best with this and please let me know if you have further questions.

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

All the best,

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

Kym

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CS :

*Please click accept if you found this answer helpful.

lt;p>The Carolina House is not an option because of it's absorbident fee. I have attendeCoda, and Al-anon. Do you have any other suggestons, what is your opinion of Ridgeveiw in Atlanta?</p>
Relist: Other.
the answer recomended an unreasonably expensive solution
I'm sorry it took a while to respond. Ridgeview in Atlanta would be a great option as well. Also, I you may want to consider Remuda Ranch. http://www.remudaranch.com/default.aspx. Also Renfrew in NY, http://www.renfrewcenter.com/

All three of these options are good ones. As far as cost, I don't know if you called Carolina House but they do work with some insurances as does.

I hope these options help.

All the best,
Kym
my Insurance does not cover it and they charge $76,000
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist