How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5334
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 27 yeat old son is a 2006 graduate of u.s.c. soon after

Customer Question

our 27 yeat old son is a 2006 graduate of u.s.c. soon after graduating he has had sparse contact with his dad and i. he has severed all contact with us as of a year ago. we are in mississippi and are hard pressed to try and go to l.a. and find out what is going on. all we know is he was waiting tables at the tavern on west pico. we have gotten calls from credit card(s) collection agency's and the i.r.s. we fear drug/alchohol addiction, scientology. we are clueless and worried sick. his name is ***** ***** i just want him to speak to us.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can be of help with this issue.

First, let me say I can imagine how overwhelming this situation must be for you. Your suspicions seem well founded and I share your apprehension.

I don't know of anyone here who would be able to act on your behalf as we are mental health professionals and not private investigators. You might consider looking up private investigators in LA and asking how much they would charge to search for him.

Another option is to call yourselves. I assume you are referring to:

Westside Tavern.(###) ###-#### 10850 West Pico Boulevard Los Angeles, CA.

So call them and see what information they might be willing to give you.

A third possibility is to call the Community Relations Office of the LA Police Dept.(###) ###-####/p>

They may be willing to direct you to an agency or a section of the LAPD that might be willing to find him and verify he is not in danger or ill.

So those are three possible avenues. I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button. Feel free to continue the discussion; my goal is to get you the best answers possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****