How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arundhati Your Own Question
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 259
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Arundhati is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Suddenly after 11 years of marraige my wife stops having sex.

Customer Question

Suddenly after 11 years of marraige my wife stops having sex. I ask here if there's someone else and she gets super angry with me. She says she's not connecting with me. We had a son 2 years ago and she went through some post portum depression. She used truely love me. Now I feel Im staying with her for my son. I just couldnt stand to be away from him. She makes me so angry that she's doing this. I was against having children for a long time. I finally gave in and we had our boy and I found out that I cant live without him. It becomes unbearable to come home exghausted from work and get the silent treatment from her. She only perks up when we take our son to the circus or something. I own a business and have cut my schedual back to give her more time (wich is what she asked for). It's like the more I give the more she takes and doesn't give back. Jesus, I think Im answering my own question here. Divorce.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're going through such a emotionally taxing situation.

From what you describe I think it is very important for you to talk to your wife about where you currently stand with regard to this relationship and convey your frustrations. Explain to her that you are willing to talk through this and arrive at a solution but without that you cannot simply go on living like this. She needs to understand that the "silent treatment" is not a solution and will only worsen the situation.

If she's not open and willing to arrive at a mutually agreeable understanding then it will be unfair for you to have to continue in this marriage.

Those are my thoughts. Please feel free to write back your reactions or any additional questions.

This is clearly not an easy situation and my best wishes are you with.

Warm regards,

Arundhati and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know whats going to happen, but I will approach her again. I know better than to consult with my family and friends over this matter. They all have a biased opinion and will feel the need to protect me. The thing I fear most is throughing this live away that was once so good, but I know that if I stay in this I will eventually become a beaten man and will not be able to perform at the hi level needed to to keep my business and my son healthy.