Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Did my husband have an emotional affair? he denies even

liking this woman. He...
Did my husband have an emotional affair? he denies even liking this woman. He employed her to work for him about 3 years ago. I instantly got a vibe that she was way too over friendly, singing down the phone while it was on loud speaker in the car and I was there! he talked about her constantly, so good at her job apparently. She called him out of hours, she went everywhere with him, on the 3 occasions I met her she was so rude to him in front of me he blushed, I think she was furious I was there. Anyway, he then starts not telling me when they are together cus he knows I am gonna go mad. She still works there a year on, because we found out she was sleeping with his boss, and he wont get rid of her. My husband now appears to hate her and I believe him. The list goes on and on, giggly phone calls, non stop he talked about her. He says he not only didn't really enjoy her company, she irritated him, mmmmmmmm it didn't sound like that. She sent him a text xmas with kisses.
2/17/2011
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Dr. Kaushik :

Hi there,

Dr. Kaushik :

Welcome to Just answer !

Dr. Kaushik :

Well, after reading the details mentioned in your post , i will have to agree with you , it does seem like your husband was having an emotional level , in other words one can say a relationship on a plutonic level , which means only emotions and feels are involved in such an affair ...

Dr. Kaushik :

Well , it is quite justified for you to feel hurt and emotionally drained due to this ... also more because he does not admit that he was having more than good camaradarie with the female , possibly because he is scared that he might loose you and is deeply embarrassed and regretful about the whole thing..

Dr. Kaushik :

But , i am sure that until and unless this matter / issue is not adressed properly , this will keep on lingering on in your mind and making your life insecure and miserable ..

Dr. Kaushik :

So, in my opinion , it is about time for you to put this inner turmoil to rest and ask your husband that heshould accompany you to a relatioship expert to seek couple's therapy / counseling to sort out some issues , mainly regarding this woman's presence in his life , and to talk out a way with the help of a therapist to reach a platform where you as well him are comfortable with this inicident and fially accept that whatever it was , it is finally over and this thing shall never happen again.

Dr. Kaushik :

You need to talk to your husband and need to be persistent for seeking couple's therapy , because there are some doubts which are serious enough in your mind , which will keep on distressing you until yor husband admits to something that we expect him he did ...that is regarding having a plutonic relationship with this female..

Dr. Kaushik :

While you convince your husband for the therapy , but at the same time , make sure that you do not stifle him and pressurize him to prove to you that he is innocent , just let the therapist take the lead in your case , as a therapist will know how to press the right buttons so as to make your husband open up about this possible affair and basically the intention here is not put a strain in your otherwise nice relationship , but to make it more stronger than ever before , with both of you being able to trust each other ...

Dr. Kaushik :

I hope this helps..

Dr. Kaushik :

So, kindly do as mentioned above ..

Dr. Kaushik :

Wish you all the best...

Dr. Kaushik :

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Dr. Kaushik :

Regards..

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist