How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mindhealer Your Own Question
mindhealer, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
mindhealer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel sad most of the days and my boyfriend is hurt by my

Customer Question

I feel sad most of the days and my boyfriend is hurt by my sudden mood changes. He is tired of dealing with my depression. I feel like i need something to focus on besides my boyfriend because right now he is at the center of me and everytime he is not with me i cry or get sad. I don't want it to be like that i want to be able to tell him how my day was and not just answer "same as always" ... What can i do to stop my negative mentality, and what can i do to change my depression so i don't hurt our five year relationship? I feel dumb for being sad for nothing, my life is perfect and i have nothing to worry about and yet i still sit in my room and stare at the walls thinking i'm no good. Why? what should i do to get over this? it has been a long time and i want to change for the good of me and my relationship, i am super shy and maybe that's holding me back. i appreciate the help .
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. FIrst let me say that I am truly sorry to hear of the pain that you are in. Based on what you've clearly identified in your question it sounds as though you are and have been experiencing a clinical depression. Oftentimes individuals who may have a genetic predisposition to depression can feel the way you are describing with no logical or rational basis for the negative feelings.


My suggestion would be for you to start by seeing a psychiatrist to be evaluated for an antidepressant. I would also suggest that you see a therapist so that you have someone to talk things through with. This way you have an outlet for the negative thoughts and emotions and they can help you to restructure your way of thought to help you manage better your thoughts and thereby manage your emotions and the behavioral results as well.


Please let me know if you have any further questions as I would be happy to answer anything further you may have.


If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer I've provided. I wish you well and look forward to your response. Thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.