Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

Where can I find help with a sleep disorder for my 21 yr old

where can I find help with a sleep disorder for my 21 yr old son who is a Jr. at GW in DC. He has had a chronic insomnia for a few years, is affecting his life and studies. We went to a sleep clinic in Nj which cahrges us $1800 and was no help and folow through was very disappointing.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem with your son and the fact that he did not have a good result at the Center in Red Bank.

Bill :

If I were you and or him, I would contact the sleep disorders center at Georgetown University. Make an appt with one of the Doctors and bring the results of the previous study to the appt

Customer:

that is a good start.

Bill :

Here is a link to the Georgetown Hospital website:

Customer:

I suspect he is feeling pressure from this..can you recommend a therapist in DC that he could talk too for himself

Bill :

Call and make and appt for outpatient consultation with one of there specialists. Info for appt process on website

Customer:

Thank you Bill, We will start that tomorrow

Bill :

I would defer a therapist referral to one of the Doctors at Georgetown

Bill :

Please click accept

Customer:

thank you

Bill :

Thanks.