Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

How do you get a troubled teen into a in house program. My

Customer Question

How do you get a troubled teen into a in house program. My step daughter is at her wits end with her daughter. She is so consumed with this boy that she will do anything to see him and disobey whatever rules are in place everything has been taken away from her but yet she still finds ways to see him and he brings her cell phones so she can keep in touch. They have even moved and he just followed. She is 16 and doesn't care about anything but to be with him at whatever the cost. Our next hope is to catch them and have him arrested beause he is 18 now. She is destorying their home and her life she needs to totally get away and be in some serious counseling. She has gone to counseling but knows exactly what to say and within a few weeks they say she is good. Then it starts al
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this.

Bill :

The best way to accomplish your goal is to get in touch with the Department of Children and Youth Services in your community and explain to them that the child is ungovernable and unwilling to comply with parental rules and limits. She is involved with an 18 year old and the situation is out of control

Bill :

They will assign a case worker to evaluate the situation and use the leverage of the court to get things under control.

Bill :

Every county in the Country has a Department of Children and Family Services. They should have a 24 hour help line. call them today.

Bill :

I trust that this answers your question.

Bill :

I wish you the best.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
As you were off line- I have responded above.
Best, Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT