How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive had clinical depression that wont shift, i'm sick to

Resolved Question:

Ive had clinical depression that wont shift, i'm sick to death of being treated like a person with 'a bad attitude', all medications I've tried havent done a thing? i cant live like this there is nothing in my life and I'mso isolated, what can I do to lift this? Its been 33 years, my family and friends are very hard on me, and this just makes things much worse, I'm sick of being treated like shit, nothing to look forward to, cant hold down a job.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about how miserable you are feeling. I see that you have been to counselors. Unless you are with a therapist that has the right kind of training you are not going to begin to deal with what is going on with you.
I will give you the link to the International Psychoanalytic Association. Only therapists who are eligible to become members there have post graduate training. Check out the link and see if you can find a therapist in your area.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
It would seem to me that you should not have to be dealing with these problems on your own. If you got yourself into therapy to deal with these issues, someone would be helping you to sort things out and that will enable you to move on from where you are. I don't know from what you have indicated whether you can afford therapy. I will give you the name of the organization that has referral services. They also have low cost referrals so when you contact them check out what would be suitable for you. Click on Training Institutes --- Find the Institute near your home, call them and ask them for a referral

Any therapist from this organization ( IPA ) will have very extensive training and will be able to help you.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question, if you have not yet received one or have her elaborate on the answer you have already received.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert,or would like to continue with this chat use the box below. REPLY: Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you