Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I have been married 32 wonderful years to my husband. He knew I was dating a man for

I have been married 32 wonderful years to my husband. He knew I was dating a man for several years before we met but I never told him the man was married. I'm afraid if I told him the man was married he would lose respect for me. Am I right in keeping it to myself as something that really did happen before him.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

After working with couple for 30 years, I would say that people always have some "secrets" that are better left kept to themselves and since this occurred so long ago and had no effect on your marriage of 32 years, I see no reason for you to open a can of worms.

Bill :

Forgive yourself, and move on. Enjoy your wonderful marriage.!

Bill :

I trust that this answers your question,

Bill :

Best, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
As you were off line- I have answered above.
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT