Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

i am afraid to live, i am afraid of the consequences. i have

i am afraid to live, i am afraid of the consequences. i have been afraid of life, all my life.

Hi gummybears,

I am so sorry to hear of your fears. have a look on the website www.emdr.com about this therapy and if you can find a therapist local to you, they will help you to understand where your fears came from, and best of all, to process them away so that you do not have them anymore. Fears like this often come from an accident, or a close encounter with death, even if you don't recall it in your conscious mind - it can be held in your subconscious mind without you knowing it. This may not be within your beliefs, but there are people who believe that even childbirth can cause such fears, right back to the day you were born. An EMDR therapist will help you to seek for your answers and to let the emotions and beliefs go. I do hope this is useful for you - feel free to reply or to press the accept button if this is a valuable answer to you. Best Wishes, Sarah

Your feedback tells me where this all started - it makes rational sense that you are afraid. EMDR will help you to go back to these memories in a controlled way so they are not overwhelming, but you will be able to let go of all the fear. You may be surprised how good you can feel when it has all gone. Thanks for prompt payment, best wishes, Sarah