How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Luann Your Own Question
Luann, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Luann is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for someone who can formally diagnos my 23 year

Resolved Question:

I am looking for someone who can formally diagnos my 23 year old daughter with Aspergers.
She has seen a psychologist in the past who saw the signs that pointed to it. She didn't feel comfortable with him so she stopped seeing him. What I need is a formal diagnosis that will
open up the resources available to get the help she needs with her education and the life skills
she will need to become a happy, and productive adult.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 6 years ago.
Luann :


Luann :

Ususally to be eligible for services, a diagnostic assessment is necessary documenting a diagnosis and recommending services.You have a couple of options. One you could contact her previous psychologist, explain that you are seeking services for your daughter and ask if he could give her a diagnosis. He may be able to complete whatever paperwork or send a report to the proper agency to document your daughter's diagnosis. Second, you could contact your daughter's doctor and make the same request. If he/she has seen your daughter for awhile they may feel comfortable providing the documentation necessary. If not, they could provide resources for you. Third, ask the program that you are hoping to get services from for resources. It is likely that they have professionals that they refer to often. I hope that is helpful, good luck.

Luann and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you