Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Is there anyway i can increase my penis size?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mental Health
1/21/2011
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist

Hi! I believe I can be of help in this issue.

First, let me say I know how embarrassing and frustrating a problem this is. I have worked with men who have tremendous anxiety about their perception that their penis is too small.
Therefore, I would like you to reorient your view that you are down to your last resort, enlargement surgery. I think you have two resorts at least left! One is penis enlargement surgery and the other is psychotherapy.

You are interested in surgery so let's start with that:

Plastic surgeons perform this type of surgery. To find one who works in your area, Google "penis enlargement surgery {name of your metro area}" and find one to three surgeons whose web sites seem good to you. Then I want you to go to this web page from the May Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/penis/MC00026

I need you to scroll down and then hit the arrow for page 2 of this article from the clinic's doctors. Read about why none of the doctors' associations have approved this procedure. Read about the lack of evidence of EFFECTIVENESS of surgery. Read about the risks! This is from the Mayo Clinic that you will be reading from. You are in the Maldives so let me tell you that the Mayo Clinic the US is one of the most highly regarded medical institutions. I don't know how many doctors in your Google search you may have found, perhaps not many. But I know in my metro area there are! Why, then, would I be able to find so many doctors willing to perform the surgery? Well, I think you can answer the question of why they are willing to take your money to do a risky surgery that hasn't been shown to be effective...

So why did I not just send you straight to page 2 from the Mayo Clinic? Because I wanted you particularly to see this paragraph:

"Many women say size is unimportant. In fact, having a penis that's too large can be a disadvantage. During intercourse, the tip of a long penis can strike a woman's cervix, causing her pain or discomfort." But remember: most penis enlargement surgeries do not help make the penis actually that much larger and carry risks as the Mayo Clinic outlines. I don't know if you are gay, perhaps. But if you are, then accept that all my concerns for you are still there.

I have couples in my office and when I can get the man who thinks his penis is too small to actually ask his wife or girlfriend, she always laughs and says that's the last thing she worries about or he has to worry about. More than 60% of women cannot have orgasm during intercourse at any given time in their life. Is it because the men's penises are too small? No, the size is unimportant. It is the way women are built: manual manipulation of their clitoris will stimulate orgasm much more easily in a woman. That's just the way it is. So I work with couples to just relax and learn what is pleasurable. Right, what is pleasurable to each and share that together!! The same is true if you are gay unless you and your partner are concerned with appearance only.

So, I want to get to therapy: I think you need to focus on finding a therapist who combines Cognitive Behavioral Therapy approaches with a humanistic approach that focuses on your getting in touch with your inner feelings. You need the CBT to gain skills for changing your thought patterns about this but you need the humanistic part of looking at all the areas of lack of self-worth that you have channeled totally into your sexual prowess. So seek a referral to a therapist and use the terms I've used here when you interview him or her and don't just take the first person but make sure you're comfortable with him or her.

But! Many couples I've seen in my office for sexual related issues find that just opening their minds up to what I wrote to you above, that pleasure is what sex is about and not size is enough to release them from the internal slavery they were experiencing for years. If so, even better. If not, please think twice before surgery. And think of therapy first.

I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button. Feel free to continue the discussion; my goal is to get you the best answers possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! To contact me, click on my name below and write to me. All the best, ***** *****

Is there any way other than surgery to increase my penis size..
what do you think of pills, pumps or by penis exercises...
These are the questions I get asked a lot. And the answer is really very logical if you think about it:

If there was a pill that actually WORKS, do you think it would have to be sold by some unknown supplements company over the internet? You don't think it would be like Viagra selling billions of dollars worth a year? Right, they are all based on psychosomatic relief. The pumps, the pills, the exercises, are all based on the person FFELING better about himself, being more confident, etc. There is absolutely NO research that shows any lasting increase in penis size from exercise. If I recall the Mayo Clinic page reviews the pumps and does not give them a favorable review any more than I am.

The idea is that your penis size is based on heredity. Just like your height. And just like you accept your height no matter how tall or short, your penis size is what you got! It's your attitude you can work on effectively.

But I want to end with my belief about psychosomatic relief: I sincerely ***** ***** if a person FEELS more confident and better with a supplement, AND he can afford it, why not? Now this is as long as it is a safe supplement. The pumps are invasive and I don't like them because they don't make your penis larger, they just make an artificial addition. So if the supplements and the exercises add to your confidence and you can afford it, perhaps consider them?

Okay, I wish you the very best!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist