How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5809
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have compulsive overeating issues. I also battle mild

Resolved Question:

I have compulsive overeating issues. I also battle mild depression and anxiety, which tends to be worse in the Fall and Winter. I am wondering if I should go to my doctor and ask her if I should be on medication. And what medication would be best to take?
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

Going to your doctor to discuss your issues is never a bad idea particularly with any health issue such as mild kidney disease. However, given what you have told me, another option might be to explore mental health therapy. A good therapist can do an evaluation to determine the source of your overeating issues and also the level of your depression. Once your evaluation is completed, they can determine the best treatment for you, including whether or not medications are indicated along with talk therapy. Therapy with or without medication can do wonders in helping you understand the source of your issues and provide answers to improve your life.

I hope this has helped you,


Please click accept so I may receive credit for my answer. Thank you!

TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you