Lori Gephart
Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist and Hypnotherapist 20 years of experience helping clients of all ages.
45699345

I want to know if i have a deppresive disorder or some sort.

I have lost interest in normal daily activities i can't focus at work and i generally live in a fanatasy world all day. i get angry at the slightest of things and am always stressed out. i just don't like living anymore as i used to. i hate going out and meeting freinds.
i lost my dad suddenly last year when he died of a heart attack- now i feel as if i can't get over it, when it was ok last year. things in my past that did not affect me before are now bothering me and i can't get them out of my head. i just want to feel normal

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. It can be very difficult to grieve the loss of a family member. You may be grieving the loss of your father, as well as possibly suffering from either a depressive episode and/or an adjustment reaction to the grieving. Keep in mind that the stages of grief include: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. It is important to keep in mind that time will help with the grief process, as well as allowing yourself to feel your feelings in small amounts without allowing them to overwhelm you. Journaling can be quite helpful with grief. You might want to write whatever comes into your mind, or write letters to your father, that you shred or destroy when you are done. In these letters you can feel free to express all of your feelings, positive and negative without judging them or hurting anyone. It is normal to have mixed feelings. You might also write about your memories of your father, good and bad, in order to get them out rather than holding everything in. Individual therapy can be very effective to help you to learn to feel your feelings in a safe way and develop tools to improve your mood. Other tools such as exercise, eating healthy, structuring your days with some social interaction, meditation, volunteering, working and avoiding alcohol, which is a depressant, can all be quite helpful. This is a time to work on taking good care of yourself and building your self esteem and confidence and to give yourself unconditional love. Remember that each relationship, no matter how long it lasts can be an opportunity to learn and grow. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can help further.