Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
46062601

Are there major concerns for a 10 year old girl to have a

Are there major concerns for a 10 year old girl to have a security blanket?
She is socially well adjusted and does very well in school. She generally wants it when she is tired, bored, or sleeping.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. It is normal for your daughter to have a security blanket. A security blanket may provide a sense of comfort and security. It is called a transitional object that a child is attached to after physical separation from their mother. Your daughter may soothe herself with the security blanket when she feels anxious, sad or stressed. Please let me know if I have overlooked any or you have more questions. Warm regards,