Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

L want to know is there any patches or gum that can help you

Customer Question
stop smoking marijuana...
l want to know is there any patches or gum that can help you stop smoking marijuana
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2010
Mental Health Professional: Donna-moderator, moderator replied 7 years ago
Donna-moderator
Donna-moderator, moderator

My name is ***** ***** I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Questions usually are answered within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers and how many Experts are on the site at the time you posted your question.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green “Accept” button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is also appreciated. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Donna
Moderator

Mental Health Professional: Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional replied 7 years ago
Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Hello, my name is ***** ***** you for bringing your very real concerns to just answer with regards ***** ***** to stop smoking marijuana and whether patches/gum is available to help..
Unfortunately, there aren't any patches or gum available to assist in giving up Marijuana..mainly because the way it works in ones system and brain is very different to that of the way cigarettes work..(namely the nicotine factor/addiction)..in fact withdrawal symptoms from the use of nicotine is far worse than withdrawal experienced through Marijuana..though no less easy for either to break free of...but it can be done..and there are many success stories .. and those much better for it...so to stop smoking Marijuana..You must stop the cravings that always come along with stopping a habit.
Dealing with these cravings means being able to concentrate fully on what you want to achieve and not worrying about making bad decisions when things get tough. However, before you put and end to cravings you must first know what cravings for Marijuana really are.
When you are quitting this drug and you feel like lighting up again this is not like quitting cigarettes. Cigarettes are laden with the drug nicotine in them which causes the body react quite physically when the nicotine is not given to it. Hence, this is when smokers often use nicotine replacement therapy to stop the physical cravings for cigarettes. Marijuana does not have nicotine however. The chemicals in this drug do have some effects on ones mind and body and as mentioned before, and can cause small withdrawal symptoms but nowhere near as bad as cigarettes or other more hard drugs.

What this means is that these cravings are actually mental in nature and require a different way of dealing with them. Hence, these methods of overcoming the psychological cravings of Marijuana smoking.

Triggers - When you suddenly go from [spin]happily quitting Marijuana to wanting a smoke so bad you would kill for it you know you have discovered a cravings trigger. analyze what just happened, what might have caused you to suddenly desire weed again. It might be it is in times of extreme stress, or it might be a trigger from a routine or daily ritual you used to do or it may be when you have nothing to do, are bored and your mind wanders. Everyone has psychological triggers that makes you desperately want what you are trying to quit. If you know these triggers [/spin]you understand yourself a little better and you also can have a plan to get through it when they happen|you will understand your own mind and also how to avoid triggers or find ways to overcome them|you can be prepared when they come and you will also understand your own addiction a little more[/spin].

Map Out Smoking Times - A very obvious trigger is the times you used to put aside for smoking. Many marijuana users have a few times that they like to smoke marijuana and these are the times you will find are the most hellish in regards to cravings. Your body is physically getting prepared for an intake of marijuana smoke. This preparation effects your body chemistry and your brain starts to expect the action of smoking. If you map out all the times you used to smoke and plan alternative activates and avoid just being idle during this period you can avoid some of the cravings that way.

Planning - Too many smokers try to quit smoking marijuana without a proper plan. This is rather a bad idea because a quitting attempt without knowing how you attempt it usually ends in failure. It is better instead to sit down before you quit and plan out exactly why you want to be off the drug, what good things will come from quitting and what consequences there might be and how to deal with them. Being prepared means being empowered against the cravings.
To detox from the use of this drug here are some steps below it will take 72 hours..as follows.
-1 bottle of vinegar
-1 pack of multivitamins
-Lots of water
-24 oz. of Gatorade
-Cranberry juice
-A hot place to sit and sweat (sauna, steam bath, or even a hot car will work (sweating is your body’s natural way to release toxins and detoxify)
-3 days off work (or you can do it on the weekend and call in sick on the Friday or Monday)

First 24 Hours:
The first 24 hours are easy going. For the first 24 hours you’ll just be drinking water mixed with half vinegar. You’ll need to be drinking about 1 liter of this every half hour. Also drink 3 bottles of Gatorade in the first day. No more and no less. The Gatorade is simply to help your system adjust and replace the electrolytes that you’ll be losing. ALso on the first day, you need to go for a run. The goal is to sweat as much as humanly possible, and take a shower immediately after in order to wash off the sweat so the toxins don’t re-enter your system. Ideally, you want to go for a 30 minute run 8 times today, for a total of 4 hours exercise. Also, at the start of the day, and 1 hour before you go to bed, take 1 multivitamin.

Second 24 Hours:
The second 24 hours are going to be tough, but if you made it through the first day, you can do it. No pain, no gain, people! Once again, take a multivitamin as soon as you wake up. Then, you want to prepare your sauna, steam bath, or leave your car out in the sun to make it hot enough to make you sweat. Around 12pm, go to your warm spot and stay there for 2.5 hours, and sweat, sweat, sweat. Bring plenty of water mixed with vinegar and Gatorade, and continue your routine from yesterday. Also, bring some cranberry juice and drink as much as you want, just not more than the water/vinegar mixture. After your get out of your car at 2:30, go have a shower immediately. Then, continue your workout regimen. 30 minutes every hour or so, just like yesterday. Continue drinking the water/vinegar mixture and Gatorade every so often like yesterday.

Last 24 hours:
The 3rd day will be exactly the same as the 2nd, except you’ll be substituting the Gatorade with Cranberry juice, which will help restore your electrolytes and help you sweat and urinate the toxins from your system. Spend another 2.5 hours in the sauna, steam room, hot car, and continue exercising at total of 4 hours today. Take your multivitamins in the morning and at night.

On the day of your test:
Take 2 multivitamins 4 hours before your test. Do not drink any vinegar water. Only drink cranberry juice. Lots of it.

If you follow these directions and you are serious about quitting, you will pass your test and be completely clean. It’s tough, but sometimes you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do…

Get as much support as possible and its a good idea to stay away from an environment that encourages further use... as it does help greatly when kicking the habit..

I hope this is of help to you...please print out for use...
I do hope this has been helpful to you and yours...if it has please 'accept' my response as it helps greatly to keep this valuable service going for you and others in the future..
My thoughts are with you & yours in this most difficult time...
best wishes
Karen S(ClinicalDipCounBmin)
those was something good answer but l need to know is there anything that he can take to help stop the marijuana craving like they got patches and gum for smoking ciragette
Hello, thank you for your reply ...as per early on in my reply...sadly, not ..its really all down to will power but whats very beneficial is the detox because this helps to 'reduce' toxins..'cravings' in the body..and is a cleansing process.
best wishes
Karen
you saiding the detox will help to slow the craving down some
Hello, yes it has been known to do this...as it helps to clean out the system..and the detox can be done many times over...in fact whenever the urge becomes great...
best wishes
Karen
One more question l have bought him som detox and it is a cleaner but the one lhave say it a permanent cleaner
Hello, ...I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by using a permanent cleaner detox ...you have spoken of ..

to detox your son...all you need is :

1 bottle of vinegar
-1 pack of multivitamins ( from your local pharmacy)
-Lots of water
-24 oz. of Gatorade (flavored no carbonated sports drink made by Quaker Oats Company)

-Cranberry juice
and to follow the course outlined above..or another detox we have sourced for you..both are very good..and used a lot..
OR another method

Is the apple cider vinegar detox.

To use this technique, mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with eight ounces of water, stir and drink four times daily for three weeks. Add a tablespoon of agave nectar to taste (optional). Because THC is stored in body fat, overweight people should adjust their intake to four tablespoons of vinegar and 12 ounces of water daily.

To help ensure the success of a vinegar detox, consume as much water as you comfortably can each day. Water serves a dual purpose of washing toxins out of cells and diluting THC levels in the urine. The B-complex vitamins are included in many marijuana detox products for their diuretic properties, which speed detoxification by increasing urine output.

It is expected for a person who is hooked on marijuana to experience a certain stress reaction caused by toxins in the body. Among its many side effects are rapid heart beat, paranoia, attention difficulty, communication problems and health decline. The most common symptom during the period of withdrawal is the craving for its use. Studies have shown that craving for marijuana after years of discontinued consumption can and will recur.

Keep in mind that successful marijuana withdrawal should be done only with a complete understanding of the things that may happen when your sons body starts to get rid of these drug toxins.

Many thanks
Karen
you saying the toxin in hisbody what got him craving the marijuana and once he start his detox vinger it will get rid of the craving
Hello, it will help to reduce the effects of his craving and he will still need support and perseverance to get through it..( to be strong) ....but please follow the methods as set out...in my first email...to you...it will take time..but to use the detox recipe as much as he needs to the more he 'detoxes' the drug from his body the easier it will be for him..
I wish you all the best now...be 'encouraged..with your help/love and support he will get through.
all the best
Karen
Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional