Hello, my name is ***** ***** you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer, with regards ***** ***** to cope with the unpleasant withdrawal effects of Quetiapine (Seroquel).. Please know just how much I feel for you having to try and deal with persistent vomiting..and what goes with that. its such an awful experience, but will eventually stop by itself..as has been known to cease after the first week of withdrawal.
Most people think vomiting is controlled by the stomach, but a special area of your brain called the vomiting center is really in charge.
To help combat this ..try to.
- sip lukewarm water which should be taken only after being boiled on a high temperature.
- Make sure that you don't drink cold drinks as it exacerbates the abdominal complication leading to more vomiting.
- Administer the soda water as it has the property of countering the vomiting.
- Avoid fatty and deep fried food items.
- It’d better for you to chew gums with mint flavor.
- Take as much rest and lie down when you can.
And if all else fails :
Non-prescription medicine for vomiting is directed at one of two problem sites: the stomach and labyrinths.
'Meclizine and Cyclizine' (available at your local pharmacy)
*-These are antihistamines with powerful anti-nausea actions on the labyrinths. They prevent motion sickness and the vomiting associated with it. Meclizine can be used just once daily in anyone over 12 years; and Cylizine is shorter acting.
Posphorylated carbohydrate solution- This mixture of sugar syrups and phosphoric acid calms nausea and vomiting due to stomach irritation /upset. Because it’s not a drug, you may use it safely. Be sure to obey the limits on the package, since large doses can worsen vomiting.
Dehydration is the most important complication of persistent vomiting...while Quetiapine is flushed out of your whole system...
I do hope this has been of help to you if it has please 'accept' my responses as it helps greatly to keep this valuable service going for you and others in the future..please know my thoughts are with you in this..
best wishes & blessings