How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 31 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a chronic

Resolved Question:

My 31 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a chronic mental health condition with symptoms including anxiety, paranoia, & delusions. She has coped with these struggles since June 2010. Her doctors have prescribed the following meds, abilify, seroquel, clonapine, lamictal and xanax and nothing has provided any relief. Her counselor and psychiatrist are stumped by her unresponsiveness and are once again revisiting the idea of physical causes. In what direction should we proceed and who can help us?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Hello- I am sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with your daughter. I can only imagine the stress that this has on your family and your daughter, in particular.
Anytime, I am faced with a situation as you describe, I am will refer the patient to the nearest University Medical School with a Department of Psychiatry. That way, the patient gets the benefit of the cutting edge thinking and evaluations deemed appropriate by many experts at the same time. If you give me your city and state, I will give you a couple of suggestions on where to take her. This is something that can be resolved and if her counselor and psychiatrist are stumped, we'll find someplace where she can be accurately diagnosed.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Best, Bill
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We reside in Olympia, WA. Are you familiar with the Amen Clinics and is that a route to try as well?

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Hi- Thanks for getting back to me.
I would contact the University of Washington Dept of Psychiatry at the following link:
Individuals or referring physicians requesting inpatient admission should call our Central Intake Office,(###) ###-####8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. They will provide the best information for assessment and treatment for your Daughter.
I am not Familiar with the Amen Clinics however I reviewed their website and feel that the Univ of Washington option is best for your daughter.
Please reply if you have further questions.
I wish you the best. Call them today.
Bill and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you