How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K Your Own Question
Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 358
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. K is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please help me out as I am in serious trouble.If I

Resolved Question:

Can you please help me out as I am in serious trouble.If I listen to any song it gets stuck in my mind and will be there all day.How to get rid of unwanted songs.Do I need to get checked up by psychiatrist?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 6 years ago.

This happens to many people and isn't necessarily serious.

How often does this occur and how bothersome is it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is quite often and it is becoming serious in the work place.Can you please advise me on how to resolve this?
Expert:  Dr. K replied 6 years ago.

If this is happenning and often you should see a doctor right away. I would see both a family doctor (to make sure there is nothing medical going on) and a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation. You need a comprehensive, face to face evaluation before recommending any solutions. A workbook for OCD might help, but I cant say for sure if this is OCD or something more. See a doctor soon. Take care.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you think this can be cured?.I will take the appointment for psychiatrist as soon as possible.Do I need to look for any specialisation in psychiatrist(as this is related to songs).?
Expert:  Dr. K replied 6 years ago.

I have seen this type of issue many times and you can get over it. I rarely use the word "cure" in my practice. However, many patients similar to you can get nearly 100% relief of such symptoms. I do not think you need any particular specialist...any good psychiatrist will do just fine. Good luck.

Dr. K and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you