Howard
Howard, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have worked 6 years with adolescents with behavioral issues, especially addictions.
50723258

I was divorced in jan 2010 and did not want the divorce.I still

I was divorced in jan 2010 and did not want the divorce.I still love her very much and can not stop thinking about her.I lose sleep and everything seems to revolve around her.How do I move on?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Howard :

Hi, I'm Howard

JACUSTOMER-vjnc9wld- :

mark

JACUSTOMER-vjnc9wld- :

just send an email to me as i will be away from my computer for the next 4-5 days thanks

Howard :

I apologize for not getting back to you Mark, I had to run to town and do some errands. I don't know if they allow sharing of email on JA. I will check it out.

Howard :

Mark, It is very difficult moving on from relationships whether you did, or didn't want the relationship to end. It is just one of those really painful, scary, emotional times that we have in life and at 48, you are close to my age, so, I know that you have gotten through some of these ruff patches before. Am I not right? Did it happen fast? 8 months is not a long grief period Mark, but you should be letting go at this point, and I think that you know that.

Howard :

Tonight, I want you to plan out a week, in advance. Do everything differently that you can think of; bring back the old pre marriage Mark, and blend him with the new, older, wiser Mark, because the reality is this; you are the only person in the world that you have control over, now is your chance to be the Mark you always wanted to be. Drive different streets to work and back, go to different eaterys, wear your watch on a different arm, anything you can think of that you associate with the ex, do differently.

Howard :

worth a try!

JACUSTOMER-vjnc9wld- :

thanks for the advice! I will give it a try.