How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am diagnosed bipolar which has been incredibly hard for my

This answer was rated:

I am diagnosed bipolar which has been incredibly hard for my dear wife. Until recently I wasn't doing much to take responsibility for my care. I was medicated, but not well managed. The ups and downs including one suicidal episode have really worn her down. Recently, I had a wake up and am doing my best to straighten things out as best as possible. This includes better management of meds and therapy and trying to figure out how to support my wife in overcoming the stress. One big problem is that I have recently identified that I am a verbal/emotional abuser. I hate to say it or think it, but it fits. I need to figure out how to best get treatment. Nothing is fast and she and I have a lot to work out, but I need to change the behavior before she can feel safe to work anything out.
Please help.
Chat Conversation Started
Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Congratulations on your willingness to make some changes. It is a great thing that you are ready to take responsibility for your behavior. The best way to eliminate verbal and emotional abuse is to find an Anger Management group which will assist you in developing coping skills to address your anger and make better choices -- not to just lash out when you are angry. Look for a therapist who specializes in anger management or find a group that address anger issues. Be sure to ask questions before you agree to work with the therapist. Some anger management people work with domestic violence, and others, with substance abuse, so you want to make sure you get the right fit.

Carol Kryder LMFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Please let me know if you have further questions about anything I have said.

Related Mental Health Questions