Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

I often wake up in the middle of the night, start thinking

Customer Question

I often wake up in the middle of the night, start thinking about issues at work, and then can't get back to sleep. Is there a technique that might help me set these thoughts aside and sleep?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It would seem to me that what you need is some time to talk to a therapist so that you may learn to understand why you are having these experiences.

Customer:

Hi.

Customer:

So you are suggesting I go to see a therapist about this? And if so, what should I be looking for?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You should tell the therapist what you are obsessing about and together you will work out what is causing this.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Where in Canada are you? I'll help you find someone.

Customer:

I am in Renfrew about 100 km west of Ottawa

Customer:

Sorry I had to answer the doorbell

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Ok, let me look for someone for you. I'll be back shortly.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

How far is Renfrew from London? Is that too far for you?

Customer:

Yes, London is about*****from here.

Customer:

I can get connected to one through EAP at work, I was hoping for some technique I could try. Perhaps an unrealistic expectation.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I don't think there is any technique that will work until you at least start looking at what is causing your symptoms.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Here is a contact in Renfrew, Ontario

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Diane ***** *****tchfield, M.A., CCC

***** R.R. #6
Renfrew, ON
K7V 3Z9
Tel:(###) ###-####
E-mail: *****@******.***
Customer:

Can you tell me something more - like what does MA - CCC stand for and why you think this person cqan help me? Thank you!

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

MA is a Master of Arts in this person's specialty. I'm not exactly familiar with the licensing and certification requirements in Canada( although I should be because I'm Canadian --- from Montreal, but left a long time ago). The CCC, I think is the person's certification --- not sure.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I cannot say anything in particular about this person. There are very few therapists in Renfrew. Hers is one that was recommended. I, personally don't know her. I contacted a friend in Ottawa who gave me her name.

Customer:

Okay, thank you.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You're welcome! Is there anything else I may help you with?