How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking for a Psychiatry doctor speaking Polish in

Resolved Question:

I'm looking for a Psychiatry doctor speaking Polish in Sydney -
for my depressed mum
Mum is a stork survivor and take antidepressants for last 10 years
Mums personality has changed I believe that she may meed review her medications
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr Vikas :


Dr Vikas :

It can also be done online I guess, you just provide me the name of all the medicine along with their doses and I will get back to you with a quick answer.


I need find Polish speaking Psychiatrist I need someone to be able to talk to her and make


Mum is on lot's of medications: for depresion she takes Cypramil1tablet 20mg. and half a day


she has hart problems as welland take Nothen 50mg and TransidermNitro Patches alsoNitrolingual 400mg paff, Norvasc 5mg and Corvesyl 5 mg,Astrics 100mg ,Lipitor 40 mg,lately she takes for sleeping half to 1 tablets of Seroquel 25 mg and from time to time about twice a week Temaze for sleeping.


Mum is very apa


She is behaving not rational she will cry and call help or police it seems that at the time she is confused

Mum is very angry cant wait for anything – impatient

Mum wish to die she ask her daughters to help her to die

Mum is overweight –needs high care lever of care, she was asses for Nursing Home but we still try to

Look after mum at home.

We need mum to be bit les aggressive and cooperative

Please advice if the is someone who can speak polish – it’s for her sake

Dr Vikas :

Thanks for your reply. In this case, I am opting out and let other experts try to answer this question.


Please advice as due to her waight and lack of mobility is hard to take Mum around to doctors.She is getting incrisingly wulgar calls us horible names her anger is aimind mainly at us her daughters


I have to mention Mum was for us her children like this during the years we grow up to adolthood

Dr. Vikas and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
I can understand your concern towards your mother's health and do appreciate it very much.

She is currently taking an antidepressant (Cypramil), an antipsychotic (Seroquel) and a sedating benzodiazepine (Temaze) for sleep related problems.

On the basis of symptoms (her being paranoid, aggressiveness, calling police, irrational behavior, crying) you have mentioned and past medical history (stroke), it appears to me that these symptoms are somewhat suggestive of psychotic behavior along with depression and for this she may need an antipsychotic drug to control this behavior.

Seroquel is an antipsychotic drug but she is taking it in a very low dose. The dose of Seroquel could be increased further to control her psychotic symptoms, but this drug is very sedating in nature and also causes weight gain in patients which needs to be avoided in your mother. If there is no problem of weight gain, simply increasing the dose of Seroquel will help her in sleep related problem and will also control her psychotic symptoms. The usual dose range is from 150 -175 mg per day. For elderly patients, 25 -100 mg twice a day is usually sufficient.

If weight gain is to be avoided, another antipsychotic which does not cause weight gain such as Aripiprazole could be useful in her case. The disadvantage is that it is activating in nature and therefore, for her sleep related problems, another sedating drug should be added in the current treatment regime at night.

Rest all medicine are fine in my view. You may consult with her treating doctor about these options, I have mentioned.

In my view, you should also discuss with her doctor about the need of another CT Scan / MRI to rule out any further neurological insult as a cause for her current abnormal behavior.

I hope, this helps.

I wish your mother a very early and speedy recovery.

Best wishes,


Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Dr. Vikas and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you