Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

a husband who lies constantly, an inability to communicate,

a husband who lies constantly, an inability to communicate, scared of rejection, a financial chancer, in debt all his life, greed and the feeling always wanting to keep up with others. A need for pornography more than sleeping with his wife. A feeling of insecurity about the size of his manhood! fantasies of far eastern women. Insecure of all aspects of himself. Selfish, a fantasist, a dreamer who has never lived in the present and always planning the future. An escapist to holidays and always sleeps away the vacation.
No financial planning to the extent of nearly having his home re-possesed by the banks. Extreme bad calculations of finances that his wife and children were hungry and no bills could be paid including school fees. Always in thought and almost vacant in expression. Always a certain degree of sadness and always looks depressed but says he is happy. Belittles others who are incompetent, thinks he is smarter than others. Looks down on people who are not as smart or even fat. Condemning fat people and therefore could not even make love to his wife while pregnant. I could go on but it is and tiring. Unrealistic in ideas and of life. SELFISH. What is the diagnosis PLEASE?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Anna :

Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Anna :

It sounds like Narcissistic Personality Disorder and perhaps sex addiction.

Anna :

How old is the person

JACUSTOMER-j9cliisr- :

46

Anna :

Would you like a link to information on Narcissim and sex addiction so that you can understand it better?

JACUSTOMER-j9cliisr- :

do you think he could be a sociopath

Anna :

It is possible. Sociopaths and NPDs are very similar, but sociopaths do more criminal behavior and don't usually stay with women and children.

Anna :

Those sites will help you understand the scope of what you're talking about better.

JACUSTOMER-j9cliisr- :

so with a husband like this and 18 years of marriage and having moved half way around the world and now having returned to my home town he begs forgiveness says he is constantly sorry and will go and seek help. this was last week after a year of asking for me to try again. This week he says he actually likes being single and now is not so sure he wants to live with us and be a family anymore. he has found women are starting to chat him up and i see this is the first time he has had his ego boosted.

Anna :

He doesn't sound like a man who is available for a mature, adult relationship. I wouldn't trust him. You can always invite him to prove himself by getting the help he needs and then demonstrating that he's committed to his change by his behavior for a year. Then date him again.

JACUSTOMER-j9cliisr- :

Trust is a huge issue for me so thanks for that I think I should be more brave and try and think of what is best for me because `i dont think he will change and i will never know what he is thinking as i have never been able to get passed his shallow nature and ever understand what he is always thinking about

Anna :

NPDs don't change much...google it....you'l find other women's stories that will help you feel stronger.

Anna :

Thanks for the opportunity to help you out today. Please leave feedback after accepting, and if I can help again, just place "for Anna" at the front of your question.

Anna :

Anna

JACUSTOMER-j9cliisr- :

is there a