How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Selah R, M.S. LPC Your Own Question
Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 582
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Selah R, M.S. LPC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know it may take awhile for you to answer as it is like

This answer was rated:

hi i know it may take awhile for you to answer as it is like going to the triage for mental health help i just dont know what to do anymore. the guy i am with i know he dont love me he has said in the past that he only has me here so i dont get hurt and be homeless. i have hurt myself on several occasions over him and have been hospitalized. but i am at the breaking point now. in the past when we were first to gether i guess i looked at someone the wrong way (i am not prejudice) but it was a black guy so now when ever we go pass one or at a resurtant or even in church he thinks i am looking at them he thinks i look at anyone i have told him hey if i didnt love you i wouldnt hurt myself (cop out i know) i would stay in a homeless shelter cause i love him so much and wouldnt want him to be unhappy. he thinks cause when i was drinking since those were the ppl i slept with that thats who i want but i told him then i would have never moved in with you
what i am getting at is right now i am so depressed i dont want to live i dont have my family as my dad abused me sexually and my step-dad verbally i only have internet contact with my kids i have no one in my life no more and i am so home bound that i have no friends either
i am not in the need of hurting myself i do not feel it i just need someone to talk too please. so dont think i am going to go and harm myself cause i am not thats just a cop out looking for attention and if i get to feeling that way i promice i will go get help
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

It may be time to enter individual counseling to help you sort out your past issues of abuse, figure out what you want from your current relationship, and make a plan for your future. You may also benefit from finding a counselor who used a form of therapy called Dialectical Behavior Therapy to help learn how to better manage your intense emotions, without needing to self-medicate (alcohol, sex, self-injury, etc). You are young and still have time to get your life on track. You deserve a real relationship, not one based on pity or fear. It's never too late to heal childhood trauma and take your life back.

If you do not have insurance, you may qualify for free or reduced counseling services through local agencies. You can dial 211 from a landline telephone to reach your state's helpline, and they will give you the phone numbers to services in your area. Some people also use online therapy when they can not leave the house due to lack of transportation, medical problems, or other issues. The only downside of this is the cost, since it is not covered by agencies or insurance.

Best wishes,
Selah R, M.S. LPC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you and i have good insurance so i am good with that the hard thing is getting in cause the ppl who do except my insurance is so wide based that they have no openings i know i nned to get my life back on track and its really really hard i was into drugs and drinking it will be 2 yrs in janurary that i will be sober. this guy i am with calls me names too. at times i dont think i am meant to have happiness just bad luck and sadness. i was dianosed with bi-polar, ptsd, borderline personlity. i have been treated since i was 8 cause of what my dad did too me then i was raped at 18 and conceieved a baby girl name kamira i just dont know what to do. my oldest and i are talking through facebook and kamira and i was texting but she stopped. so i have nothing.

with this guy i cant even talk to any guys especially my exs who are married or in a serious relationship and most of them were high school crushes from over 10 yrs ago. so i sneak to be on facebook he is not here now this why i am writing this