Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

I have a problem with my husband,he hear people raping my

i have a problem with my husband,he hear people raping my neighbor,which its not true but he get very mad,and will get mad at me cause i wont run out side in the middle of the night to see if shes out there being rape,but shes inside with her husband.why is he so set on looking out for her,it make me think hes obsession with her.what can i do.he walks though the house yelling,talking to his self and he really has me worry.its like hes obsession with her is driving him crazy.what can cause this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Sarah replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. It is possible that your husband is suffering from paranoia, the symptoms of which can be found by searching wikipedia, paranoia. this is a mental health problem and can be treated with medication,so if you think these symptoms are what you are seeing in your husband, then you need to see a doctor or a psychiatrist, who will prescribe some medication for him. there are thousands of people who suffer from this, so please don't be embarrassed or feel you can't seek help - the medical profession are aware of this type of behaviour and know how best to treat it. Best Wishes, Sarah