Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
32195369

If mushrooms aren't used in the treatment of patients to

If mushrooms aren't used in the treatment of patients to induce haluinations as a form of treatment and if they don't take halucinergenics then how is halucinating possible?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for bringing your question to JustAnswer.

The mind itself is capable of producing hallucinations.

Hallucinations are a symptom of two disorders: schizophrenia and psychotic depression. These are serious mental illnesses that require medication. Here is a link to some more information about hallucinations. so you can educate yourself further.

Suzanne

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you the webiste (medlineplus) is extremely helpful. However, in my experience of risperdol 5mg, and olanzapine 5mg, which when I tried had the same effects one of sedation, and loss of lobido. This loss of lobido and the heavily sedation is what made me unable to function on a daily basis not the fact that I had schizophrenia, this caused problems in itself. . When I was suffering from pyscosis and not medicating due to the side effects most predominately loss of lobido I would of likened the effects to a hang over from excesive drinking. It was these side effects that actually led to alcoholism (although I am hastened to add that i no longer drink or take any other form of illicit drug). Also this medication was given to me by my GP without discussion of the side effects and as the side effects were servere actually induced pyscosis for reasons previosuly mentioned. Is it common practice for anti pyscotic medication to be given to patients without discussion?