Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

What are the symptoms of photo scysophrenia?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mental Health
7/31/2010
Mental Health Professional: Sarah, Psychologist replied 7 years ago
Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
HiCustomer
Thanks for your question. I'm not sure that there is any such diagnosis as photo schizophrenia, but there are people who have tried to illustrate the symptoms and emotions related to schizophrenia using images and photographs. one example can be seen here, along with the symptoms of schizophrenia:
http://www.treklens.com/gallery/North_America/Canada/photo36123.htm
have a look on the internet for more examples, there are many. I hope this helps, Sarah
I have looked at the website just now but haven't seen any images that i relate to. Also it doesn't detail the symptoms. Im not being rude, I don't take illegal drugs. I am familiar with the razor blade in eye picture and have watched clockwork orange is this what you mean?<br />Apologies but sczophrenia was spealt incorrectly
hiCustomer
The symptoms are listed as below:
Symptoms include:
delusions and hallucinations,
loss of touch with reality,
confused thinking and speech,
behavior that does not make sense,
emotional flatness or lack of expression,
inability to start or follow through with activities,
brief speech that lacks content,
a lack of pleasure or interest in life,
bipolar-like states,
hearing internal voices,
disorientation,
And the image I am talking about is the one of the lady that is split into two overlapping images - it's at the top of the page. these are the symptoms of schizophrenia that are experienced in a personal way by those who suffer from it. I guess some of them could be similar to those someone may experience if they took hallucinating drugs, and I'm not suggesting for a minute that you do this. I'm sorry, I haven't seen Clockwork Orange, but the image of the head with a razor blade in the eye is probably along the lines I am thinking of. i think this is how people represent the emotions and symptoms they experience when their schizophrenia is active. hope this helps, Sarah
Some of these symptoms mentioned i can relate to so i suppose i will have to accept the diagnosis. With your knowledge of prison system can you explain the difference between being sectioned and being in prison as to me they felt the same it was like i was being punished for doing the right thing, although it was late. im not lying about what took place and what upsets me most is that the person responsible is not being taken to court it is the diocease of chichister. Sometimes i feel fine and this is helpful to me as i find the medical proffesion very controlling to my detrement. Previously i was advised to 'just walk away but i cant' and now feel alieanated. I don't expect anyone to care but some of the requests ive been asked of in councelling strike me as bizarre.
hi there again, please don't accept this list of symptoms as a diagnosis -has someone mentioned schizophrenia to you? If so, or even if not, take a list of your symptoms to the doctor and see what they say. if you have some kind of mental illness then chances are they can give you some medication and you can start to feel somewhat better. many many people suffer from mental illness of some kind, so don't feel too isolated by this. if you don't feel comfortable with your current doctor, ask to see another one.
The difference between prison and being sectioned in theory is that people who are found guilty of a criminal offense and have a prison sentence given should go to prison if they are considered to be sound of mind -ie. They are responsible for their behaviour and are being punished for it. A person who has been found guilty of a criminal offense but is found to be insane, is not considered to be solely responsible for their behaviour is sent to a secure hospital setting which is like a combination of a hospital and a prison. In reality, there are many many people in prison who could do with some mental health assistance and who suffer from mental health problems, but are not considered to be insane. These people are often the one who fall through the gaps and don't always receive what they need as they are often defined by the offense instead of an individual who has committed an offense (according to the courts) who has metal health problems.
It is good that you are in counseling -would it be possible for you to ask for some hypnotherapy? This would help you to relax very deeply and also to walk away without becoming stressed and anxious. This is now being offered more and more on the NHS but I don't know if it would be available. Hope this helps, Sarah
Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist