How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 251
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How would my 23 year old son go about checking himself into

Resolved Question:

How would my 23 year old son go about checking himself into a mental health facility?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using If your son is covered by health insurance and/or a strong financial support system he would call the mental health benefits portion of his health insurance and ask for a referral to a mental health facility that specializes in the area he is having problems with. If he does not have health insurance and has financial support he can call the facility he was admitted to and ask for resources now that he is seeking help again. If he has no health insurance or financial support he will need to seek the services of his local "community mental health" center. They will help him get the support he needs.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further clarification of this answer.

Take care,
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you