How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am worried about my son. He is 29 and has just confessed

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am worried about my son. He is 29 and has just confessed to me that he has issues, and thinks he has gender dysphoria and has been dealing with this most of his life and has known from research on the internet since 2003. He has quite severe anxiety and panic disorder and will not seek any counselling or medical intervention, although I have been trying to get him help for 10 years. I am wondering if there is an appropriate on-line counselling service, because he will not leave this house. Or any other form of assistance.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You're doing all the right things, and it sounds like you've got a very good attitude - both will help him. He may not show it to you, but the level-headedness you show him models hope - and trust me - that really matters.

There are online therapy sites. Live Person is a reputable one to try. You said you found an online CBT is a link to a self-help site that is very well researched. Link It's quick and to the point, as well as accurate. Another great site is's meant for kids, but they really have great stuff in it, and explain anxiety well. Worrywise

There are online medical consultation sites like Easy Health. You can explore them, but make sure to ask if they provide prescription services for anxiety before you pay. It sounds like your son needs anti-anxiety medication, and there are quite a few rules about prescribing those - depending on where you live. To look for more, google "online medical consultation"....that will get you to the sites you're looking for.

My best to you and your son.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.



Anna and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you